Community Engagement Program
Community Engagement increases access to Fairyland for underserved children and families.
We believe that every child should have access to Fairyland. Each year, we waive the admission fee for more than 9,000 guests through field trips and free passes distributed through our community partners. Fairyland provides sponsored memberships to income-qualifying families in our community, through our partners, and by direct application. We also host family days in collaboration with organizations such as City of Oakland Head Start, Oakland Rotary, and Port of Oakland.
If your organization is interested in collaborating, please contact Vicky Chen, Senior Director of Community Engagement and Education.
Scholarship applications are open for 2024 Children’s Theater and Summer Day Camp!
Fairyland is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are dedicated to making sure our youth programs are affordable for all families. Our scholarship program is designed to support families in need who have children/young people wanting to participate in our Children’s Theatre and Summer Day Camp. There is a short application process required. Eligible families will receive up to 70% reduced fees for Summer Camp and 100% scholarship for Children’s Theatre. The scholarship application is open now for 2024. Apply now!
Transportation and admission fees can be a barrier for schools that want to give children an educational and enriching field-trip experience. The Community Engagement Program offers qualifying schools, preschools, and community groups a magical field-trip experience with admission fee waived. In some cases, transportation and Magic Keys are provided.
To qualify for a sponsored field trip, your organization must meet the following criteria:
- Serve low-income children in pre-K to second grade
- Be unable to afford to come to Fairyland
To book a field trip use the “Register” button below. If you don’t qualify for an admission-free field trip, or funds are no longer available, you will have the option to book a field trip at the group rate of $8 per person. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for application processing and confirmation. If you have any questions about the process, please email Vicky Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Scholarship: How it works!
How it works:
- Submit the application.
- Please allow 3-weeks of processing time.
- You will receive the decision via email 3-weeks from the date of your application.
- For Summer Camp, we will share a code unique to your household that applies towards the level of scholarship so that you can register when registration is open in January 2024.
- For Children’s Theatre, we will be hosting auditions on February 23 and 24, 2024 The request to sign up for audition opens in mid November. You may audition first, then apply for a scholarship. Once accepted, and you confirm that your child is interested in being in Children’s Theatre, we will invoice you according to the amount that you are approved for. Typically, the amount is 50% ($217) or 100% (no fee).
- Summer Camp registration opens on 1/15/24 for you (an early bird member benefit) and on 1/20/24 for the general public and will remain open until all spaces are filled. You will receive an email communication with a link for members on 1/15/24 so that you can be ready to sign-up. We sell out fast! Be sure to save this date on your calendar.
- If your preferred session has a waitlist, be sure to complete your waitlist registration for Camp. We make best efforts to give priorities to families who are receiving a scholarship.