For Your Safety
Get ready for a fantastic visit to Children’s Fairyland.
Our rides, puppet shows, and live performances are sure to delight. Run up, and roll down, Jack and Jill Hill. Say hello to Gideon, Pixie, and all our other animals—they are ready for you! Feel free to pick a place in the park to picnic with your group.
As always, to enter Fairyland, adults must be accompanied by children and children must be accompanied by an adult.
Fairyland Rules and Policies
Help us keep Fairyland a safe and magical place for all. Please show kindness and respect to other park guests, staff, volunteers and animals. Take a moment to read and review our rules and policies for maintaining a safe environment.
General Park Rules
- Let’s play nice! Physical or verbal abuse towards another guest or staff member will not be tolerated.
- Smoking or vaping of any substance is not permitted at any time.
- Sitting or standing on any railings or fences is prohibited.
- Changing tables are available in all of our restrooms and that’s where all diaper changes should happen.
- Shoes and clothes are required at all times.
- Be kind. No running or pushing
- Stay out of the water and use caution around all wet surfaces.
- Children should be supervised by their legal adult guardian at all times.
- Adults 18 years or older are not permitted entry into the park alone without a child.
- We love our gardens and put a lot of effort into making them beautiful! So, please don’t climb on, break or pick our plants and flowers. And stay on all paths and designated lawns.
- Firearms, ammunition, knives and weapons of any kind.
- Fireworks or other similarly explosive and/or flammable objects.
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, roller skates, roller shoes, remote-control toys, drones.
- Open flames.
- Pets, or other animals are not allowed at Fairyland. One exception: Service animals that are trained to do work or perform tasks for, and to assist, an individual with a disability are allowed. All other animals, including emotional support, comfort or companion animals, are not considered service animals.
- Please do not feed our animals. They have a special diet and outside food can upset their tummies.
- Climbing animal fences and/or enclosures is prohibited.
- Be kind to our critters too. Harassing them is not ok.
- For the safety of our animals, and to keep our park beautiful, please leave all straws, and lids out of the park.
- Lifting children over fences, and playing on fences, is prohibited.
- For safety’s sake, stay on the outer portion of the fence while rides are in motion.
- “Spot saving” or “line cutting” is never allowed. All riders must be in line at all times to access rides. If you or anyone in your group is found to be violating this rule, the Ride Operator may ask you to step out of line.
- Riders must:
- Meet minimum height requirements for rides. These minimum heights vary per ride.
- Have adequate head and neck control and the ability to sit independently in an upright position.
- Stay seated while the ride is in operation.
- Wait for our Ride Operators to open the gate before boarding and exiting.
These rules and regulations are subject to change at any time without notice. You got this!
FAQs / Mask policies
Do I still have to wear a face mask/face covering to visit Fairyland?
Effective July 15, 2022, the answer is no! Now that children 6 months through 5 years have the ability to be vaccinated masking at Fairyland is optional, except in the Fairyland gift shop, where they will still be required. COVID-19 is still very present. We strongly encourage families and guardians to consult their pediatrician about vaccination options. There are also plenty of resources in Alameda County to help your family make the decision that suits you best.
Can we go barefoot in Fairyland?
Sorry, no! Shoes must be worn in the park at all times.
What about restrooms?
Restrooms are “single group use.”